This application is being created to improve the mobile experience of students, faculty, staff, visitors and neighbors who interact with CSUN’s campus and community.
The app is available at no additional cost.
- Enroll in Classes
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can enroll in classes, add and drop course sections, and view detailed class descriptions.
- You can use the GPS-enabled map to search for buildings and departments, campus dining and other facilities. You can also search locations by category.
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can log in to Moodle, and access class information and course work.
- Employee Directory*
- The employee directory allows you to search for faculty or staff members’ university email addresses and telephone numbers as well as office and building locations on the app’s GPS-enabled map. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Student Directory*
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can search for your classmates’ university email addresses. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Read Matador athletic highlights as well as top stories about the scholastic achievements, community investments and worldwide impact of CSUN’s award-winning faculty, students and alumni.
- Stay in the loop about important dates, e.g., campus closures, the first and last days of each semester, registration periods, deadlines for financial aid and adding and dropping classes, as well as events hosted by the Valley Performing Arts Center, University Student Union and Associated Students.
- Social Media
- Find all the CSUN Twitter and Facebook feeds here in one place.
- Watch how-to videos on topics such as registering for classes and graduating on time, catch highlights from the biggest campus events and look up clips of what classmates and professors are currently working on.
- Browse through CSUN’s photographs to get a snapshot of campus and its students, faculty and staff.
- Search the catalog for any CSUN eatery including its location, phone number, website, nutritional analyses of various menu items, daily specials and up-to-date hours.
- Access real-time scores, recaps, up-to-date game schedules, news and Twitter feeds for your favorite Matador sports teams.
- Tap into the library’s online services such as the catalog, book renewals and study room reservations. The feature also allows you to contact a librarian via text message, phone or email, or chat with a subject specialist. You can also access the library’s social media, floor plans and most up-to-date hours.
- Emergency Info
- Look up contact numbers for the CSUN police department; campus safety escorts, who walk students from class to their car at night; car jump-starts or key lockout assistance; crime reporting; crisis intervention and support.
- Police Services
- Users can access vital information such as campus alerts, crime logs, look up important numbers and view parking information.
- Pay Now
- Provides students the opportunity to access CashNet, similar to their myNorthdidge portal account, where they can pay tuition and fees on the go.
*Please note that access to the student directory, ability to enroll in classes and Moodle will be restricted to authenticated users.
Since the app is a work constantly in progress, we’ll continue to improve and enhance your mobile experience throughout the future.
You can access the CSUN mobile web application by going to m.csun.edu on your web browser on any Internet-enabled mobile device. The mobile web application includes all the features listed above.
Native apps are available for iPhone/iPod Touch (iOS 5.0+) and Android phones (Android 2.2+).
Yes. Go to m.csun.edu to access the application; however, Maps is not available. Also, if you are using IE10, your computer cannot be in compatibility mode.
While it is possible to run the native iOS iPhone app from the Apple App Store on an iPad, we suggest you use the web version at m.csun.edu when running the app on an iPad because it utilizes the full screen as pictured below.
We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, as a workaround, complete the following steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Locate the CSUN app
- Select Force Stop
- Select Clear Data
- Relaunch the CSUN app
Go to the Enroll in Class module and select Weekly Schedule.
If you're a university employee who joined the university prior to 1/1/04 you will not be able to access the Enroll in Classes module or the Student Directory. We are currently working to resolve the issue.
If you're a university employee who joined the university prior to 1/1/04 you will not be able to access the Student Directory or Enroll in Classes module. We are currently working to resolve the issue.
If you selected the "Switch to the standard theme" link, you have to close the app and relaunch to return to mobile version.
Google Play Store: 12,968
Apple App Store: 24,471
Did you find a bug? Do you have an idea for future development? Let us know. Send your feedback to email@example.com.