The new CSUN mobile app is now available for iPhone and Android with a mobile webpage for all other smartphones at m.csun.edu. Use the app to add or drop classes, use the GPS-enabled campus map, search the employee and student directories, and access Moodle. Additional functionality will be added throughout the year.
CSUN Mobile App
What is the name of the app?
The app is called CSUN.
What is the purpose?
This application is being created to improve the mobile experience of students, faculty, staff, visitors and neighbors who interact with CSUN’s campus and community.
Am I required to pay?
The app is available at no additional cost.
What are the features?
- Enroll in Classes
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can enroll in classes, add and drop course sections, and view detailed class descriptions.
- You can use the GPS-enabled map to search for buildings and departments, campus dining and other facilities. You can also search locations by category.
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can log in to Moodle, and access class information and course work.
- Employee Directory*
- The employee directory allows you to search for faculty or staff members’ university email addresses and telephone numbers as well as office and building locations on the app’s GPS-enabled map. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Student Directory*
- If you have a CSUN user ID and password, you can search for your classmates’ university email addresses. You can also add contacts to your smartphone.
- Read Matador athletic highlights as well as top stories about the scholastic achievements, community investments and worldwide impact of CSUN’s award-winning faculty, students and alumni.
- Stay in the loop about important dates, e.g., campus closures, the first and last days of each semester, registration periods, deadlines for financial aid and adding and dropping classes, as well as events hosted by the Valley Performing Arts Center, University Student Union and Associated Students.
- Social Media
- Find all the CSUN Twitter and Facebook feeds here in one place.
- Watch how-to videos on topics such as registering for classes and graduating on time, catch highlights from the biggest campus events and look up clips of what classmates and professors are currently working on.
- Browse through CSUN’s photographs to get a snapshot of campus and its students, faculty and staff.
- Emergency Info
- Look up contact numbers for the CSUN police department; campus safety escorts, who walk students from class to their car at night; car jump-starts or key lockout assistance; crime reporting; crisis intervention and support.
*Please note that access to the student directory, ability to enroll in classes and Moodle will be restricted to authenticated users.
Since the app is a work constantly in progress, we’ll continue to improve and enhance your mobile experience throughout the future.
On what devices can the app be downloaded?
You can access the CSUN mobile web application by going to m.csun.edu on your web browser on any Internet-enabled mobile device. The mobile web application includes all the features listed above.
Native apps are available for iPhone/iPod Touch (iOS 5.0+) and Android phones (Android 2.2+).
Can I access CSUN mobile from a computer?
I installed the app on my iPad but the content doesn't display correctly. What should I do?
While it is possible to run the native iOS iPhone app from the Apple App Store on an iPad, we suggest you use the web version at m.csun.edu when running the app on an iPad because it utilizes the full screen as pictured below.
I installed the CSUN mobile app on my Android but it's stuck on loading. What should I do?
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps
- Locate the CSUN app
- Select Force Stop
- Select Clear Data
- Relaunch the CSUN app
Where can I find the start times for my classes?
I'm trying to access the Enroll in Classes module but I keep getting an error. What should I do?
I'm trying to access the Student Directory but I keep getting an error. What should I do?
I'm using the Moodle module but the mobile version isn't displaying. What should do?
Is the CSUN mobile app compatible with iOS7?
What are the total downloads of the mobile app in each of the stores?
How can I provide feedback?
Did you find a bug? Do you have an idea for future development? Let us know. Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.