Information on Academic Field Trips (AFT) that are not using the S4 Database can be found on the Risk Management Page.
Academic Field Trips using the CSU S4 Database
California State University, Northridge has adopted the CSU S4 Database for managing off-campus activities for Biology and Geology Field Trips, English 494 Internships, and Service Learning courses. S4 manages students' off-campus placements, processes the approval of community organization, and collects students risk management forms and evaluations.
Currently piloting the use of S4 are faculty from the Biology and Geology departments. Faculty interested in becoming a participant in our pilot program please contact Candice Liu at email@example.com.
S4 Database for Students
S4 Database for Faculty
- Login to S4 to view your field trip classes, make placements, and view student forms. Use your CSUN user name and password.
- S4 Faculty Guide (.pdf) - how to use the S4 Academic Field Trip System
- Field Trip Site Approval Form (.pdf) - required if site has not been approved previously
- Field Trip Guidelines
- Trip Leader Checklist
- Field Trip Driving Requirements
- Transportation Requirements
- Field Trip FAQ's