The University Corporation - Human Resources

Workplace Safety

The University Corporation (TUC) employees are expected to comply with all safety and health requirements whether established by management or by federal, state or local laws.


What to Do if an Injury Occurs to an Employee

Reporting the Accident/Injury

Immediate reporting of work-related accidents and injuries is very important, for both the timely investigation of accidents and the timely provision of Workers’ Compensation benefits to the employee.
  1. Any employee, who is injured, must report the incident to his/her supervisor immediately even if the injury is minor.
  2. The supervisor should report the injury to TUC Human Resources within 24 hours of the incident and give the employee a DWC 1 form and “Employee Report of Accident” form.
  3. The supervisor of the affected employee must complete the “Supervisor Report of Accident” and submit it to TUC Human Resources as soon as possible.
  4. The injured employee must complete the “Employee Report of Accident” as soon as reasonably possible and submit it to TUC Human Resources. 

Sending Employee for Treatment

The injury will need to be evaluated by TUC Human Resources (HR) for appropriate referral and authorize treatment. If HR is not available then the supervisor and/or manager will authorize treatment.

A TUC supervisor, manager or Human Resources will complete the treatment authorization form by printing their name on the “authorized by” line. The employee will need this authorization in order to be treated.

If the injury requires first aid only, the employee should be referred to the CSUN Student Health Center.

For other injuries the employee should be referred to Facey Occupational Medicine/Convenient Care Center. For after hours treatment or emergencies, the employee can be referred to Holy Cross Medical Center or Northridge Hospital. 

After Treatment and Returning to Work

Employees treated for their injury must submit copies of doctor’s notes and/or progress reports to TUC Human Resources.

If an injury requires that an employee be off of work, a doctor’s release will be required for the employee to return to work.

If an injured employee is put on restricted duty, TUC will make an effort to accommodate the injured employee. 


After TUC Human Resources evaluate the injury and authorize treatment, the employee can be sent to:

For First Aid ONLY

The Klotz Student Health Center

Other Injuries

Concentra Urgent Care

9700 DeSoto Ave
Chatsworth, CA 91311-4409

(818) 882-8100

8:00 am to 5 p.m.


Concentra Urgent Care

16300 Roscoe Blvd   SUITE 1-A
Van Nuys, CA 91406

(818) 893-4426

7:00 am to Midnight every day


For Emergency Care (Before 7 am)

Holy Cross Medical Center

15031 Rinaldi Street
Mission Hills, CA 91345-1285

(818) 365-8052 Ext 1833

Northridge Hospital Medical Center

18300 Roscoe Blvd
Northridge, CA 91328

(818) 885-5396


Accident Reports

Employees involved in a work-related accident/injury and their supervisor are required to fill out a report of the accident. Please download and fill these form and send to...

Worker's Compensation Claim