To the Campus Community:
Starting Tuesday, January 19, Los Angeles County will begin administering COVID-19 vaccines to eligible Los Angeles County residents using CSUN’s B1 and B2 parking lots.
The CSUN site is one of five recently announced large-scale vaccine points of distribution that will be operated by LA County, helping the San Fernando Valley community access the COVID-19 vaccine quickly. Please visit the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health COVID-19 website to learn about vaccine distribution in Los Angeles County. Appointments for vaccination can only be made with Los Angeles County via the information in this link: http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/vaccine/index.htm. As this is a county vaccination program, CSUN is not able to provide or facilitate appointments for immunization.
With the B1 and B2 lots in use for the vaccine administration and not available for campus parking, CSUN will re-open the B3 parking structure, levels two and higher, for use for CSUN employee and student parking. Please use the B3 west entrance and exit on Darby Avenue. The health care staff operating the vaccine site will utilize level one in the B3 structure.
Traffic impacts will be managed by CSUN’s Department of Police Services and Parking Services. With increased traffic anticipated on Darby Avenue and Dearborn Street, traffic patterns will be adjusted as follows:
- Northbound traffic on Darby Avenue will be closed at Darby Avenue and Nordhoff Street
- Northbound and southbound Etiwanda Avenue will be closed completely for the vaccination queue line
- Eastbound to westbound traffic on Plummer Street will be closed at Darby Avenue and Plummer Street to Lindley Avenue
- Westbound traffic on Plummer Street will be detoured onto Halsted Street through the D6 Parking Lot
- Employees parking in lot B5 will need to access Darby Avenue via Dearborn or Prairie streets
CSUN is proud to partner with Los Angeles County on this important initiative. Learn more and access frequently asked questions at VaccinateLACounty.com.
COVID-19 Response Team