As part of CSUN's commitment to accountability and transparency, the Campus Budget News website between 2009 and 2014 provided information and updates to the campus community about the state of California's budget and its impact on CSUN and the Calfornia State University. While the Campus Budget News website is no longer being actively updated, CSUN remains committed to keeping the university community informed about university budget issues through regular communications and resources like the University Financial Management and CSU Budget Central websites. This site now exists as an archive of campus budget communications from 2009 to 2014.
Campus Budget News
No current FAQs. See "Archived FAQs" below for prior FAQs.
- Budget Planning & Management: Detailed information about CSUN's budget, including the General Fund Budget and Lottery Fund Budgets.
- CSU Budget Central
Archived Campus Budget FAQs
- Archived FAQs (updated June 25, 2014)
- Archived FAQs (archived Feb. 18, 2014)
- Archived FAQs (archived May 14, 2013)
- Archived FAQs (archived May 15, 2012)
- Archived FAQs (archived December 16, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived November 17, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived July 21, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived May 16, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived January 7, 2011)
- Archived FAQs (archived October 12, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived September 29, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived March 25, 2010)
- Archived FAQs (archived October 20, 2009)
- Archived FAQs (archived April 21, 2009)
Archived Student FAQs
- Student FAQs for Fall 2013
- Student FAQs for Spring 2013
- Student FAQs for Spring 2012
- Spring 2012 Enrollment Information FAQ
- Student FAQs for Fall 2011
- Student FAQs for Spring 2011
- Student FAQs for Fall 2010
- Student FAQs for Spring 2010
- Student FAQs for Fall 2009
Past Campus Budget Communications
Below is an archive of past campus budget communications and related links organized by fiscal/academic year.
Archived CSU Employee Updates
- Message from President Harrison about 2013-14 CSU Budget (July 2, 2013)
- A Message from President Harrison Regarding CSU Budget News (January 14, 2013)
- Beginning of the 2012-13 Academic Year: A message from CSU Chancellor Charles B. Reed (September 12, 2012)
- A Message from President Harrison about the CSU Budget (July 19, 2012)
- Budget Options that May Impact Employees: A message from CSU Vice Chancellor for Human Resources Gail Brooks (July 19, 2012)
- Summary of Spring 2012 Enrollment Issues (February 23, 2012): Communication sent to faculty and staff summarizing how the enrollment issues the university faced in Spring 2012 were successfully addressed and an update on plans for avoiding similar problems in academic year 2012-13.
- Budget Update - Fiscal 2011–12 (April 21, 2011)
- VIDEO: CSU Chancellor's Video Message to Employees (December 16, 2010)
- VIDEO: President Koester's Message to Students for Spring 2011 (December 13, 2010)
- Budget Update - Fiscal 2010-11 (November 2, 2010)
- President's message on the conclusion of 2009-10 furlough program (June 30, 2010)
- President Jolene Koester addresses the budget situation (November 10, 2009)
- Enrollment Management Plan 2010-12 (PDF document) (October 20, 2009)
- VIDEO: CSU Chancellor and CSSA President Discuss New Year (October 8, 2009): California State Student Association (CSSA) President Steve Dixon interviews CSU Chancellor Charles B. Reed.
- VIDEO: Chancellor's Video Message to Employees (July 29, 2009)
- Video Message from the President (July 17, 2009)
- VIDEO: CSU Chancellor Outlines Plan to Address Massive Budget Cuts (July 16, 2009): California State University Chancellor Charles B. Reed discusses the CSU's plan to cope with severe budget cuts. Chancellor Reed's remarks, made at a press teleconference, describe the magnitude of budget cuts and CSU's plan of action to address the cuts including employee furloughs, student fees, financial aid, and enrollment cuts. (Full transcript of video message available at the site.)
- Budget Developments / Update to FAQs (June 25, 2009): Letter to the campus community from Vice President for Administration and Finance Tom McCarron.
- President's message to faculty and staff about the campus budget (June 9, 2009)