HHD 2022-23 Research Excellence and Innovation Conference
The conference, Promoting Inclusive Excellence Through Innovative and Creative Strategies, is open to campus-wide and public attendance. Hosted by the College of Health and Human Development (HHD), the conference will showcase the diversity of disciplines in the College. Attend workshops, panel discussions, poster and podium presentations, performances, installations, and exhibits from HHD students, faculty, and staff. Take advantage of networking opportunities.
Conference Dates and Hours:
- Thursday, November 17, 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Friday, November 18, 9:00 A.M.- 12:30 P.M.
Opening welcome remarks by CSUN President, Erika D. Beck and Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, Mary Beth Walker
Keynote speaker, Radiochemist Vanessa Sanders
In the fight against cancer, she is focused on developing personalized medicine using radioisotopes to diagnose diseases, treat them, and help save lives. (More below.)
Students: Extra Credit may be available for you, ask your professors!
Speakers and Presenters
Our Keynote Speaker is Vanessa Sanders, Ph.D. Sanders is a radiochemist at Brookhaven National Laboratory who, in the fight against cancer, is focused on developing personalized medicine using radioisotopes—atoms with unstable nuclei that emit energy—which can be directed to diagnose diseases, treat them, and help save lives. In 2017, she earned a Ph.D. in radiochemistry and—unknowingly at the time—became the first African American woman in the U.S. to do so.Meet the Keynote Speaker, Guests & Presenters
What's Happening at the Conference
Pre-Conference and Conference Features:
- Collaboration with the Fernando Tatviam Band of Mission Indians, interactive sites will be installed around campus to promote healing and connection of the past, present, and future.
- Round table
- Poster presentations
- Oral presentations
- Donor testimonials
- Student scholarship awardee testimonials
- Panel discussions and opportunities to explore ideas and possibilities to enhance, enrich, and empower the human experience.
About the Venue
The window for presenters to submit abstracts closed as of midnight, September 30, 2022 (PDT)