Assessment / Grading
Grades for 710 & 745
- The grade for 745 is separate from 710 and based upon the assignments given by the 745 instructor.
- 50% of the grade for 710 is derived from work done in 710A, and the other half from work done in 710B. The points from 710 A are derived as follows:
Grading for 710A
Collaboration: Contributions to your Website, the class Wiki 40%, and class discussions
- Construct a personal website that employs many of collaborative features described in class.
- Share your writings for ELPS 710A, ELPS 710B and ELPS 745 on the website.
- Make regular, thoughtful contributions to the wiki on the readings as specified in the calendar & assignments. Your contributions should be in your own words and should clarify issues related to curriculum, learning, and instruction. Create links to all of the articles you have authored from the readings as well as from your individual student Wiki page (not your personal website).
- Come to class prepared to discuss the readings and your contributions to the wiki.
Final Exam 40%
- Objective questions: The first portion of the exam will consist of objective questions pertaining to topics discussed in the class. This portion will be "closed book" and "closed computer".
- Free response questions: The second portion of the exam will consist of free response questions that must be composed on the computer and submitted electronically prior to the in-class portion of the exam. Free response questions are posted here.
Signature Assessment 20%
- The Signature Assessment is a paper that ties together issues introduced in 710A, 710B, and 745.
- Post your signature assessment on your website AND submit it to Turnitin.com. Register for course 2771668.
- Create an account on Turnitin.com.