In class assignment - Use this folder for class assignment
- Text:Include meaninful text
- Styles: Use styles to identify different heading levels within document.
- Table of Contents & Index: Insert a table of contents and index. You need to refresh these if you add more information. later.
- Hyperlinks: Establish hyperlinks to relevant resources.
- Sections & Columns: Incorporate double columns of text in specific sections while keeping single columns in other sections
- Text Boxes: Post your text using linked text boxes so text flows from one box to another.
- Position graphics: Insert graphics into text boxes and insert textural captions. Your document(s) should have 6 or more embedded graphics.
- Drawing: Include drawing elements such as callouts or dividing lines.
- Cite text: Always cite sources using footnotes or endnotes. The sample text is purposely plaigiraized from 3 or more sources. Can you determine where it was derived from?
- Bullets & numbers: Bullet or number relevant information
- Headers & Footers: Use footers for pagination, and headers for running titles.
- Tables & Graphs: Import tables and graphs generated in a spreadsheet such as Excel
Teachers frequently need to develop newsletters, handouts, flyers, study guides and notes that incorporate graphics and text.
- Develop ONE or more documents relevant to your teaching that incorporate all of the features listed above. Your documents
- related to what you teach
- professional in appearance. Note: Appearance is very important in this activity
- useful to you or your students or school
- illustrate all of the features descibed above AND shown in class
- Attach the original Word document to this page
- Convert the Word document to a pdf file and attach to the assignment page.
- Convert the Word Doc to a Google Doc and embed in your assignment page.
Sample newsletter with linked text boxes