Spacing Problem in Microsoft Word 2008 - Mac
Word 2008 sets the spacing "after" a paragraph to 10 points by default. This makes it look as though you have pressed return twice after a paragraph. To remedy this, do the following:
1. Open Word.
2. Go to Format » Styles...
3. Highlight Normal in the Styles selection window, then press Modify.
4. In the new window that opens, check the Add to Template box (lower left).
5. Now choose Paragraph from the pop-up menu in the lower left corner of that same window.
6. In the new window, change the After setting to 0.
7. Click OK twice to close windows, then press Apply in the main Style window.
8. Quit Word and re-open.
The default paragraph style should now have an "after" spacing of zero.