- Introduction to "The Psychology of Everyday Things" (later titled "The Design of Everyday Things")
- Don Norman - Introduction to the Author
Principles of design:
1. Use both knowledge in the world and knowledge in the head.
2. Simplify the structure of tasks.
3. Make things visible: bridge gulfs between Execution and Evaluation.
4. Get the mappings right.
5. Exploit the power of constraints.
6. Design for error.
7. When all else fails, standardize."
— Donald A. Norman (The Design of Everyday Things)y Conforms"
-- Don Norman's person-centered motto for the 21st century.