Information for Master Teachers - Science & Heatlh
California State University, Northridge is greatly indebted to the teachers who mentor our student teachers. This page is designed to give you links to the information you need regarding the supervision of student teachers.
- These documents explain the role of the master teacher in the student teaching experience
- Please read the appropriate handbook and talk to the univeristy supervisor if you have any questions regarding your responsibility.
- You can download the student teaching evaluation forms.
- All biology, chemistry, physics, geoscience or health teachers are in this department
- Please familiarize yourself with the information regarding the department
The students you supervise may be in one of the following classes:
SED 554 - traditional: Supervised Field Experience in the Teaching of Science/Health.
- First and Second Semester classes for students in the University Intern Program
SED 555; SED 555i: Student Teaching in Science (Second Semester)
- Second Semester of field work for those in the traditional or ACT programs (students who have taken 554)
- Third Semester of field work for students in the University Intern Program (students who have taken SED 593 & SED 594)
- Contact information for University Supervisors
Application to serve as a master teacher.
- School administrators must recommend teachers who wish to serve as master teachers. Please discuss with your administrator and then complete the online applicaiton.