1. Sea Serpent: A long marine serpent found in Ballard, Washington, in 1906.
2. Jackalopes: A cross between jackrabbits and antelopes, popularized on postcards from Colorado and Wyoming starting in 1950.
3. Loch Ness Monster: A reclusive animal resembling a plesiosaur; photographed by R. K. Wilson in 1934 in the Scottish lake Loch Ness.
4. Brown Lady of Raynham Hall: A 1936 photograph in Country Life Magazine that was purported to be the ghost of Lady Townshend, imprisoned in Raynham Hall .
5. Sympsychograph: A machine purported to transfer images from the mind onto fi lm.Photographs were fi rst published in 1896 in Popular Science Monthly by David Starr Jordan.
6. Bigfoot: A large apelike animal living in the woods of northern California, photographed by Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin in 1967.
7. Venusian spacecraft: A photograph of a fl ying saucer by George Adamski who claimed that he was visited by aliens from Venus in 1952.