- The Department of Child and Adolescent Development is raising money to help support students who contribute their time and talents in internships at local organizations, such as Children's Hospital Los Angeles, the Childcare Resource Center, and the Los Angeles Unified School District.
- The Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences is raising funds to update our state of the art voice clinic in the Language, Speech and Hearing Center.
- The Department of Environmental and Occupational Health is working to expand research facilities for students so they will have the most up to date information and technology for the prevention of health hazards in the workplace, inspection of restaurants and food suppliers, and the best ability to address concerns surrounding bio-terrorism.
- The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences has two fundraising initiatives underway: to raise money for a new playground for the Child and Family Studies Center and to continue to engage community partners and local schools to reduce rates of obesity in the San Fernando Valley.
- The Department of Health Sciences is raising funds to support public health policy students traveling to state and federal organizations to experience policy making as it happens. Students also make vital career connections when they attend these conferences, presentations and events.
- The Department of Kinesiology needs your support for the Center of Achievement through Adapted Physical Activity to continue to prepare students to bring fitness and vitality to people with physical challenges while serving hundreds of community members each year.
- The Department of Nursing is responding to the shortage of nurses in California by expanding programs and using simulation labs to practice nursing skills on life-like, programmable mannequins.
- The Department of Physical Therapy is establishing an endowment to support the Physical Therapy Center for Advanced Clinical Practice, an on-campus center for cutting-edge research, community service and physical therapy training.
- The Department of Recreation and Tourism Management is raising funds for an endowment to support student scholarships, and ever present need in all of our programs.
For more information on these initiatives and our plans for the future, contact our Director of Development, John Pepitone, at or 818-677-5863. OR you can donate now: