* RTM Recent News
- CSUN On-Campus Hotel and Restaurant
- Santa Paula Tourism Plan 2025 by CSUN RTM 580
- Re/Connecting People with Parks
- Alumni Park Rangers Return to CSUN to Celebrate National Parks Centennial
- Can a CSUN Degree Help a Person Hike the Pacific Crest Trail? One Alumnus Proves it Can
- CSUN alumnus is a personification of grit
* Our Mission
The mission of the Department of Recreation and Tourism Management is to facilitate students' achievement of their educational and career goals through a learning-centered academic program that develops intellectual capacity and practical skills, is committed to excellence, experiential learning, and to the development of innovative professionals capable of adapting dynamic environments, using the Greater Los Angeles area as a laboratory.
We promote appreciation of, and advocacy for, the benefits of play, leisure and recreation across the lifespan for all CSU Northridge students by offering a variety of general education courses.
We provide a challenging, student centered education to prepare professionals with a commitment to enhancing the quality of human life through recreation, leisure and play. We value each student as a unique individual and work in partnership with the community to match student strengths and interests in field placements where classroom theory comes to life.