Freshman Connection Learning Communities: Collaborating for Success
When and where:
- Monday, February 23, 2009
- 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- The Whitsett Room (SH 451)
- Light refreshments provided
Have you ever resolved a really difficult teaching challenge after an unexpectedly helpful conversation with a colleague you bumped into purely by chance? Well, here's an opportunity to learn about collaborating with colleagues on purpose as part of a Freshman Connection learning community. Join me and other faculty members who have taught, or are now teaching, or hope to teach linked sections of freshman courses.
You'll learn about
- The benefits of faculty collaboration for faculty
- The benefits of faculty collaboration for students
- The risks of collaboration
- How to get the most out of a learning community