Commit to be Fit: Free On-Campus Fitness Program
Commit to Be Fit (CTBF) is a free fitness program for CSUN staff/faculty/students and community members. The program is led by CSUN Kinesiology students under the supervision of CSUN Kinesiology faculty.
The workouts consist of cutting edge and scientifically sound functional cardiovascular and resistance training aimed to get you in shape and help you FEEL YOUR BEST! CTBF is designed for all fitness levels and will expand your limits of strength, endurance, flexibility, balance, and cardiovascular health. Learn how to do activities in new ways—move more quickly, think faster, do what you never thought possible! Improved fitness improves your quality of life and makes your world bigger.
The program is offered four times per week during the fall and spring semesters and twice a week in the summer. In the fall and spring semesters, both semi-private* and group exercise options are available. In the summer, only the group option is offered.
SUMMER 2019 SCHEDULE:
- Exercise Program: From 5:30-6:30 p.m. in RE 200 beginning Mon 6/3 and continuing through Thu 7/31
- Note: There will be no program running this week: 7/1 - 7/7
FALL 2019 SCHEDULE:
- Exercise Program: From 5:30-6:30 p.m. in RE 200 beginning Thu 9/5 and continuing through Thu 12/5
SPRING 2019 SCHEDULE:
- Exercise Program: From 5:30-6:20 p.m. in RE 200 beginning Thu 1/30 and continuing through Thu 4/30. There will be no sessions during spring break.
**Missed these dates? Don’t worry, although it is ideal to begin at the beginning of the semester, you can join anytime!
How often should you attend? You may attend as few as one and as many as four times per week. As you would expect, better results occur with more frequent and consistent workouts.
Each semester, participants must complete paperwork prior to participation. Download, complete, and bring the following forms to your first session. If you forget, don’t worry … we will have copies on hand of all of the forms.
- Participant Data Form (required; this is an electronic form, therefore you do not need to print it)
- Waiver of Liability form Fall 19 (required for fall 2019 participation)
- Waiver of Liability form Spring 20 (required for spring 2020 participation)
- Medical Clearance form (may or may not be required, see PASQ form)