Welcome to the homepage of the Linguistics/TESL Department at California State University, Northridge, an interdisciplinary department in the College of Humanities. We draw our teaching and advisory faculty from the ranks of linguistically-trained full-time faculty housed in several campus departments along with part-time faculty who have expertise in specific areas of linguistics. The Linguistics/TESL Department offers a major in linguistics and minors in linguistics and TESL at the bachelor's level and a certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL). We also offer an M.A. in Linguistics and an M.A. in TESL.
Welcome to Linguistics
- Congratulations to our graduates Class of 2016!
- Job opportunities in Linguistics/TESL
- Watch a video of the LA Regional CATESOL Conference!
- CATESOL (California Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) Conference at CSUN
- After CATESOL, come back to study TESL and Linguistics at CSUN
- Congratulations to Dr. Anna Joaquin on the publication of her book Enculturation Processes in Primary Language Acquisition and co-edited volume Exploring the Interactional Instinct!