Health Administration Alumni Chapter
There are no upcoming events scheduled.
Physician Liaison/ Relations Management
- Partner with new patient services/ Access team to ensure appropriate feedback received from the field and issues addressed
- Facilitate the retention of physician and hospital relationships.
- Complete face-to-face meetings with physicians, schedulers, practice managers, and medical staff from referring hospitals to ensure understanding, as well as to close business, ensuring that obstacles are identified and minimized.
- Effectively manage a territory, conducting office visits to include:
- Education on services offered, enhancement and new advances
- Maintaining image (community-centered, patient-first, leading-edge provider)
- Offering excellent customer service
- Implementing new products/services/ protocols
- Communicating opportunities, market trends, and issues to appropriate management/staff in a timely manner
- Coordinate meetings between key staff, physician groups, and external customer groups to improve communication and relationships in order to increase referrals or resolve customer service issues
- Collaborates with clinical marketing, Foundation, Duarte physicians, community practice sites, and CME department
- Support attendance to continuing medical education (CME) events as needed.
- Contacts, meets with and orients each new Duarte-based provider
- Participate in meetings as needed to understand new programs, capital purchases or innovations and marketing initiatives
- Market service lines, research opportunities, and technology to new physicians to the system
- Regularly maintain and update a database for all non-City of Hope physician and office staff contacts, ensuring compliance according to Stark law. Provide reports for frequent distribution to leadershio
- Play active role in roll out of EpicCareLink and CareEverywhere as part of EPIC
- Understand and provide service area intelligence to aid strategic development, operational flows and business growth initiatives
- Identify target markets in accordance with organizational strategy utilizing familiarity with hospital operations and existing reporting, tools and dashboards
- Evaluate and interpret market utilization data and market demographics, including market share data for primary or secondary facility service lines, ensuring that priorities are identified for both physicians and patient populations
- Interpret current physician referral patterns, trends, and financial margins, ensuring that resources are optimized
- Develop growth strategies for target markets and service lines and set goals and timelines for growing referral volumes based on new or established physician and outreach relationships Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Healthcare. Prefer advanced degree in healthcare administration.
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Professional experience with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in healthcare/hospital in driving healthcare business development, physician relations, and/or network development is required. Nurse or surgical background is preferred or pharmaceutical or medical device sales. Well-versed in oncology and treatment solutions; must be able to speak peer to peer; ability to address any concerns about referring patients to City of Hope
- Proficient with all MS Office programs, contracting experience, excellent organizational, abilities, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to track and/or run reports from database or contact management experience. Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, financial acumen, and proven sales experience skills Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Supports managers, team members and end-users on medical imaging system implementation projects affecting multiple clinical departments throughout Southern California.
- Supports the implementation process by collecting, analyzing and reporting data, maintaining project work plans and supporting materials, updating issue logs, organizing meetings and working with users to understand and develop operational workflow.
- Participates in providing functional and workflow training for physicians, technologists, and other clinical and operational staff through the pre-deployment, go-live, and maintenance phases of the system life cycle.
- Provides first level application support to end users, including basic application functionality and configuration, user management, data correction, application upgrades and basic problem solving.
- Monitors systems to proactively identify failures and initiate appropriate remedial action.
- Perform routine systems maintenance, such as restarting services, pruning logs and basic hardware component replacement.
- Documents all support activities in a timely manner.
- Provides operational support to MITI back-office activities, such as inventory maintenance, resource scheduling, timekeeping, procurement tracking and other support tasks.
- Some travel required.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health administration, project management certification or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrates solid analytical skills, self-initiative and innovation.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
• Must demonstrate effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation.
• Proficient with PC applications including spreadsheet, word processing, and graphics packages.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Previous related analytical and/or consulting experience preferred.
• Previous experience in customer service or systems implementation preferred.
• For positions that provide applications support, basic knowledge of operating systems and network architectures preferred and systems integration in a healthcare environment preferred.
Donate to the Chapter
Support your chapter with a gift. Your contribution benefits current and future students, chapter professional development activities, scholarships, and so much more. To donate to the Chapter, please click here and in the designation box, select 'other'. Write in the name of the Chapter in Special Instructions.