Drafting Your Educational Philosophy Statement
Your educational philosophy statement should answer questions such as the following:
- Why did you become an educator?
- What are your goals for your students?
- What qualities do you believe an effective teacher should have?
- What do teachers owe their students?
Means toward achieving these goals
- What is intelligence, and how can it best be developed?
- How can a teacher help students develop higher order reasoning skills?
- What educational theories do you apply in your teaching?