Hands-On Physics Activities with Real-Life Applications
Hands-On Physics Activities provides a comprehensive collection of nearly 200 investigations, demonstrations, mini-labs, and other activities uses everyday examples to make physics concepts easy to understand. For quick access, materials are organized into eight units covering Measurement, Motion, Force, Pressure, Energy & Momentum, Waves, Light, and Electromagnetism. Each lesson contains an introduction with common knowledge examples, reproducible pages for students, a "To the Teacher" information section, and a listing of additional applications students can relate to. Over 300 illustrations add interest and supplement instruction.
Physics Education Organizations
- American Institute of Physics (AIP)
- Physics Instruction Resource Association (PIRA)
- Los Angeles Physics Teachers Alliance Group (LAPTAG)
- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- American Physical Society (APS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- University of Oregon - Demonstration room
- University of California, Berkeley - Lecture demonstrations
- Boston University - Lecture demonstrations
- University of Virginia - Lecture demonstrations
- Michigan State University - Lecture demonstrations
- University of Maryland - Lecture demonstration facility
- North Carolina State University - Physics demonstrations
- University of Illinois - Lecture demonstration database
- University of Michigan - Demonstration laboratory
- Exploratorium Science Snackbook: Resources from California's Exploratorium
Physics Education Links
- PhysicsWeb -Sponsored by the Institute of Physics
- Institute of Physics - Devoted to increasing the understanding and application of physics.
- Laboratory Safety - Laboratory safety for the physics classroom.
- Supply Companies and Suppliers - Order physics equipment online.
- Equipping the Physics Laboratory - Strategies for developing your physics lab.
- Simulated Experiments - Animations, simulations, movies
- Probeware - Instrumentation for collecting data on a computer
- Lesson Plan Ideas - Catalogs of physics lesson plans.
- Lesson Planning - Ideas for developing semester plans
- Science Museums - Science museums with physics exhibits.
- Science Shows - Science shows that illustrate physics concepts.
- Professional Organizations - Organizations for physics and science teachers.
- Science Games - Games to enhance the physics classroom
- Physics News - Late-breaking news in the fields of physics and other sciences
Physics Curriculum - Planning
- Advanced Placement Physics - Sponsored by the College Board.
- Curriculum Standards - Curriculum standards for California and other states.
- Science Projects - Get ideas for science project
Physics Curriculum - Topics
- Measurement - Standards, calculators, constants, powers of ten, etc.
- Forces and motion - Newton's laws, velocity, acceleration, etc.
- Energy and momentum - Kinetic energy, potential energy, momentum, conversions, etc.
- Thermodynamics - Heat, work, entropy, etc.
- Waves - Light, Sound, Electromagnetic radiation
- Electricity and Magnetism - Electromagnetism, circuits, etc.
- Astronomy - Educational resources for teaching astronomy
- Technology - Applied physics, computers, etc
- Physics equations - Download pdf for study
- Physics Reference Data
- Chemistry Reference Data
- Physics equations