Google Sites is a wiki offered by Google as part of Google Apps. Wikis are shared web-based resources that allow the owner and others (as designated) to add, remove, and edit all content from any recent web browser. The ease of interaction and operation makes a plain wiki an effective tool for collaborative writing and to share knowledge. There are many applications of Wikis in education.
Instructions for making sites
- Please watch the following videos to understand the concept of Google Sites.
- Review the Help for creating & editing Google Sites.
- Open your own Google Stie at sites.google.com . We will add content ot the site in class.
- Your site should include your background, teaching and/or research interests, interests & hoobbies, Contact Information, links to class assignments and other resources as described in class. (Sample site). Come to class with this information so you can put it on your website as we make them during the class session.
Sharing - Making your website visible to others
- Click the "More actions button", select "Share this site" , and click "Anyone in the world may view this site (make it public)"
Editing your site
- You must be logged in to edit. If you do not see the edit button at the top of the screen, log in to your Google account first.
- Make sure to save your files in a logical directory structure.