When two rules have the same weight, the last rule specified wins. When there are multiple style sheet sources, the following order of operation is utilized:
- Inline > Imbedded > linked
- Local inline style has highest precedence.
- Internal embedded styles have precedence over external styles.
- Authors style > readers style sheet > default browser style sheet
- External styles have precedence over the browser defaults or preferences.
- #id > .class
- #ID pertains to single elements per page
- .class pertains to a type or class of formatting that can be reused on a page