(1) Review Internet-Based Science & Math Activities and Experiments
- Review 10 or more specific on-line simulations from 4 or more different services (e.g. Explore Learning, PhET, etc) that are relevant to a subject you teach. Provide a 2-3 sentence summary of each simulation and a link to each specific simulation. If the Explore Learning simulations do not work on Safari, either launch in another browser or launch Safari in 32 bit rather than 64 bit mode.
(2) Developing lessions using simulations
Select 3 related simulations and develop a worksheet that incorporates all three. Include:
- Background Information - Information that helps students understand the activities and content
- Questions - Five or more questions that students can answer only after working with the simulations
- Answer Key - Answers to your questions
(3) Teach with simulations
- Conduct the lesson you have prepared with your colleagues in class. We will break down in small groups for this activity.
- Summarize the findings of two research articles on the use of simulated experiments in the teaching and learning of science. Write a paragraph on each and include it on your website as well as the Wiki.