Worldwide list of Zoos and Aquariums
- List of zoos: Zoological parks organized by country
- List of AZA member zoos and aquariums: Association of Zoos and Aquariums
Zoological Parks in Southern California
- Wildlife Way Station - Located in Angeles National Forest, California The Wildlife Waystation, situated on 160 acres in California's Angeles National Forest, is internationally recognized for its ongoing, charitable efforts to rescue and rehabilitate wild and exotic animals. We are a 24 hour "around-the-clock" operation.
- Los Angeles Zoo - Students can view more than 1,200 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 400 different species. The L.A. Zoo participates in more than 30 cooperative breeding programs for endangered species.
- San Diego Zoo - World-class zoological park
- San Diego Wild Animal Park - The Wild Animal Park is a 1,800-acre wildlife preserve, and allows visitors to view herds of exotic animals as they might occur in their native homelands of Africa or Asia.
- Santa Ana Zoo - This small, little-known zoo, nestled in a park-like setting in Orange County, specializes animals from South America. Exhibits include exotic monkeys, lemurs, bald eagles, a petting farm, and a new tropical rain forest.
- Living Desert - Botanical gardents and desert species. Palm Desert, California
- Santa Barbara Zoo - The zoo has been ranked numerous times as one of the nation's best small zoos.
Aquariums and Marine Parks in Southern California
- SeaWorld - Students learn about fascinating marine animals and meet animal experts during presentations developed especially for education groups. Subjects include ecology and conservation and animal behavior and training. Informative booklets and teachers guides written by SeaWorld education specialists are available to all grade levels.
- Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific - Explore the diversity of the marine ecosystems of the Pacific Rim.
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography - UCSD's museum and marine research center.
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary - Headquarters in Ventura. Off-shore tours to Channel Islands National Park.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - World-Class aquarium in Monterey.
- Cabrillo Museum -Marine museum in San Pedro.
- Animal Diversity Web - Database with information and photos on the animal kingdom.
- Zoology Education Links from Yahoo - Links to lesson ideas.
- National Zoological Park - The national Zoo, run by the Smithsonian Institution.
- WhaleNet - WhaleNet is an interactive whale- education project.
- Smithsonian Ocean Planet - Database of marine organisms.
- Sea World: Animal Resources - Information and teacher resources.
- The Sea - Images, information, and links about marine organisms.