THE QUESTION: ZEUS
As Week III assignment indicated, we have been saving up information to
talk about Zeus--and especially about what he does (or is supposed to be
doing) at his two most famous Greek shrines, Olympia and Dodona. This
includes what's on the Internet and what's in Powell. Give Zeus a job performance review.
So let that be the BIG question:
- -What are Zeus' jobs or functions? (You already know him as 'god of rain'
- What are Zeus' functions in general?
- -What are Zeus' special functions at Olympia (and what do the Olympic Games
have to say about them)?
- -What are Zeus' special functions at Dodona?
In doing the assignment,
- (a) you should read what other people post on the Yahoo Message Board.
- (b) Don't repeat what they say, but comment on it, add to it, expand it.
- (c) If there is nothing there about an idea you have, post your own message on a new topic or idea.
This is supposed to be like a conversation. People in a conversation don't
(usually) repeat what everybody else has already said before they add their
own thought. You can participate any number of times, as in a
conversation, but keep in mind that people who hog the conversation get
boring and are disliked. At the same time, people who don't participate can't be graded.
Try to be polite, as you criticize others' ideas.
This assignment is part of the "Internet Assignments" section of the first-day handout. A grade
willl be based on :
- (a) participation;
- (b) new thoughts you add;
- (c) quality of analysis and criticism you bring to the discussion.
- (d) You are NOT being graded on cut-and-paste from other internet sites.
You can start posting immediately, and go on until the Midterm exam--or
until you run out of things to say.
January 28, 2010 10:59 AM
John Paul Adams, CSUN