CLAS 315: WEEK VI
Internet Assignment 4
To acquire information about Poseidon, The Earthshaker, Lord of the Sea, Savior of Ships, and about his most famous residences: Aegae, Corinth, the Erechtheum on the Acropolis in Athens, and Sounion in Attica.
A map of some of the sites.
Study and take notes, in preparation for Yahoo! Message board on the subject of POSEIDON
- Isthmia (Perseus)
- The University of Chicago's excavations at the Isthmus (Sanctuary of Poseidon).
- Isthmia. The Ohio State University Excavations of the Sanctuary of Poseidon.
Helike: a city near Corinth dedicated to Poseidon. Archaeological discoveries. (article in Archaeology magazine).
- Sounion (Perseus)
- Visit the sanctuary of Poseidon and Athena at Sounion (Attica)
- More pictures about the site at Sounion and mythology (Dr. Janice Siegel, Illinois State U.)
- Sounion (Wikipedia)
The TEMPLE OF POSEIDON at Kalaureia (Poros) [where Aegeus met Aithra]
- Kalaureia (Greek Archaeogical Service)
- Excavations at Kalaureia (Poros)
- Kalaureia (Wikipedia)
The good Ship POSEIDON
- On June 3, 1996, a reconstructed ancient ship was launched at the Port of Piraeus (Athens).
THE LAST DAY FOR POSTING (on the Yahoo! Messages Board) FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IS WEDNESDAY of the 8th WEEK OF CLASS, at Midnight.
February 12, 2014 6:31 PM
John Paul Adams, CSUN