A few reasons why it's great to be at CSUN!
- 4th least expensive public university out of 452 public colleges (2010/11) – US News survey
- CSUN ranked 2nd among 529 master's level universities in preparing students
who later earn doctoral degrees (National Science Foundation)
- 1st in number of graduates who went on to earn Ph.D.s in the social
sciences and psychology.
- Biology department is ranked 5th in USA.
- In 2011, CSUN ranked 8th in the nation that award bachelor’s degrees to minorities in the field of communications (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- CSUN ranked 8th in nation for number of bachelor's degrees awarded to Latinos, 9th in the number of master's degrees, and 9th for number of Latino students enrolled (U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics).
- CSUN has the largest number of Central American students of any university
in the USA.
- CSUN has the largest number of Armenian students outside Armenia,
- CSUN has thelargest number of mainstream deaf students of any university
- In 2008, CSUN ranked 9th among top 20 undergraduate schools whole alumni pass the California Bar Exam (#1 in CSU)
- In 2008, Jazz band won national first place in the College Big Band division of the Monterey Jazz Festival
- In 2008, CSUN awarded President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction (Corporation for National and Community Service)
- In 2007 & 2008, CSUN team won first-place honors
out of 300 colleges and universities at the Model United Nations competition.
- In 2006, CSUN ranked 18th in nation of top public universities chosen
by Jewish students (Reform Judaism).
- In 2006, CSUN was ranked 10th in nation for the number of bachelor's
degrees awarded to minority students.
- 5th in bachelors degrees awarded to Latino students
- 2nd in bachelor's degrees awarded to Latinos in social sciences
- 5th in bachelor's degrees to Asian Americans in educati
- Undergraduate Engineering program ranked 5th among California public
colleges and 14th among U.S. public colleges (U.S. News and World
- CSUN awards more California Teaching Credentials than any other public
institution (more than from all the University of California campuses combined)
- In 2005, CSUN ranked 1st out of the 177 colleges and universities in
sending and receiving students in the National Student Exchange.
- In 2003, CSUN's Northridge Singers were named "Choir of the World",
taking the top prize during their debut appearance at an international
music competition in Wales.
- In 2002, CSUN was one of only four universities in USA selected by the
Carnegie Corporation of New York for exemplary teacher preparation programs.
- In 2001, the Department of Cinema and Television Arts was ranked #1
in the Western United States by the Association of Independent Feature
- In 2001, the Consumer Affairs Option in the Family & Consumer Sciences
Department was ranked #1 in the Western United States by the Society of
Consumer Affairs Professionals
- CSUN consistently ranks in the top 25 for master's level universities
based on the size of its foreign student population.
- College of Business and Economics has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Commerce for its vital role in promoting international trade throughout the Los Angeles area.
- and finally, drum roll please......I teach here! Woo hoo!