- Make an appointment with the EED Graduate Advisor by calling the Department of Elementary Education at (818) 677-2621.
- Department Application
- University Application using either
- New graduate student application (if not previously enrolled as a graduate/credential student or if not enrolled for over two semesters). Fall 2017 applicants will need to submit a paper application to the department after May 31st while the site is being updated. The final deadline for the paper application is July 15, 2017.
- Change of objective form (if currently enrolled as a graduate/credential student or if enrolled in one or more of the past two semesters).
- The Graduate Advisor signs and returns the 1295 form. It is then signed in Graduate Evaluations, and copies are distributed to the student, the Department, and Graduate Evaluations. As a result, the student receives the necessary info to register for classes.
- All fully classified candidates should complete a program plan in the first semester. The program plan lists all the courses s/he will take during the program. All MA students must submit this prior to completing 12 units of a program.
- All conditionally classified candidates arrange to meet the missing requirement(s): taking the UDWPE or the GRE (or MAT), etc. They submit a copy of scores to the Graduate Advisor who then completes a Request to Change Classification form, signed by the student and the Graduate Advisor. With this form we also usually submit the program plan, along with any necessary petitions.