Welcome to the Credential Office at Cal State Northridge. Our office provides a range of services to help you achieve your credential objective. The staff is committed to providing you academic and professional support. We invite you to use this website, call or visit our office to learn more about the programs we offer and the services we provide.
Director, Credential Office
To serve the diverse educational needs of students and the community as we assist in the preparation of teachers, counselors, administrators and other education professionals.
To provide a centralized location in which prospective and current students, faculty, staff and the community can receive accurate, comprehensive and complete information and advisement regarding the requirements involved in obtaining California Credentials and Certificates authorizing service in California schools.
There are three major categories of credentials available at California State University, Northridge, College of Education: teaching, specialist, and services. All CSUN credential programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Credentialing (NCATE).
- Process applications for credential program admission.
- Process applications for student teaching.
- Evaluate, verify and make recommendations for teaching and services credentials.
- Provide prospective students with pre-admission advisement and information on undergraduate programs and a full array of credential, certificate and master's programs.
- Provide information and advisement to students admitted to the traditional Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Specialist Credentials & Certificate programs.
- Provide information sessions for prospective students, and orientations for students newly admitted to the traditional Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Credential programs.
- Admission interview scheduling
- Plan and organize various on- and off-campus events and activities for student outreach and recruitment.
- Provide information on teacher education scholarships.