|Application Deadline||December 1st||July 1st|
|*Students who want to student teach the first semester in the program must apply to the credential program by:||November 1st||June 1st|
|Intent to Apply||January 2nd||August 1st|
|Exceptional Admission||Not Available||July 1st|
* Students who want to student teach the first semester in the program must submit a program application by the date listed on the table above. ACT program candidates do not need to complete a Student Teaching Application.
Important Please Read
The requirement that an individual pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) before entering a preparation program and meet the subject matter requirement (CSET) prior to beginning student teaching, has been suspended for candidates who, between March 19, 2020 and August 31, 2021, were or are unable to complete the CBEST and/or CSET due to COVID-19 related testing center closures. These requirements must be met prior to completion of the program and to be recommended for a preliminary credential.
Please note: If you are admitted without subject matter exams (CSET), knowledge of the subject(s) you will teach is still expected at the time of admission to the credential program. The credential program does not include instruction that builds your subject-matter knowledge. Your subject-matter knowledge will be assessed during student teaching, and insufficient subject-matter knowledge may prevent you from completing or receiving credit for student teaching and thus jeopardize your success in the program.
For application requirements and instructions, please click on the title of the program to which you wish to apply.
Preliminary Teaching Credential Programs
- Multiple Subject (Elementary Education)
- Single Subject (Secondary Education)
- Education Specialist (Special Education)
- Dual Single Subject/Education Specialist (Mild/Moderate)
Teacher Induction Program
Services Credential Programs
- Preliminary Administrative Services
- Clear Pupil Personnel Services (School Counseling, School Psychology)
- Preliminary Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Clear Reading and Literacy Leadership Specialist Credential