The California State University, Northridge Speech and Debate team is a full-service intercollegiate forensics program. The team offers competition in the following events:
- Cross-examination, team policy debate
- NPDA Parliamentary team debate
- Platform speaking, including informative, persuasive, and communication analysis.
- Limited preparation speaking, including impromptu and extemporaneous.
- Oral interpretations, including prose, poetry, duo, and program of oral interpretation.
Participants receive coaching for competitions from an extremely talented and well-trained coaching staff.