Do you know what to do if an earthquake strikes while you are on campus? What if your office receives a bomb threat? Our Disaster Academy provides detailed preparedness information on a variety of hazard situations and tips for boosting your ability to survive and thrive after a disaster situation. The Academy consists of four core classes that are offered on Thursdays this fall over the lunch hour--please feel free to bring your lunch! The first week in November, we will hold two in depth capstone classes that will provide hands on opportunities to develop Emergency Preparedness Kits and Family Emergency Plans. All classes are facilitated by Jenny Novak, CSUN's Emergency Preparedness Manager. It is not required to complete all courses in the series--registration for each course is separate.
Registration Instructions for Faculty & Staff:
- Log in to the myNorthridge Portal
- Find the Training / Professional Development box and select Employee Learning & Training
- On the lefthand side of the screen, click the link for Instructor Led Training Sessions (under Upcoming Events)
- All training sessions are listed in chronological order—you can also search by keyword using the “Search for Sessions” link in the upper right hand corner.
- Select the session you would like to attend and click “enroll.”
Registration for Students & Community Members:
For Tsunami Awareness course (3/16), please email to sign up!