CSUN NSF Teaching Fellowship Program
Application Materials for Teaching Fellows
1. Application Form.
2. A written statement indicating why you wish to become a math teacher and why you are a good candidate for this program. If you graduated from college more than two years ago, please also describe your employment, accomplishments, or other activities since graduation.
3. College transcripts (unofficial are acceptable).
4. Copy of valid passing scores from the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Mathematics Subject Matter
Exam Parts I-III (or dates you plan to take the exams).
GRE subject matter or Praxis exams may be used instead, with approval
of the screening committee.
5. Copy of valid passing score from the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) (or date you plan to take the exam).
6. Three letters of recommendation. At least two letters should be from college professors (or managers) who can assess your mathematical strengths.
The materials above should be sent to:
Department of Mathematics
ATTN: CSUN NSF Teaching Fellowship Program
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8313
Priority will go to applications received on or before
March 26, 2012. Applications will be accepted
fellowships are awarded. (Please send inquiries to
Professor Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Note: If you are selected as a CSUN NSF Teaching
Fellow, you must apply and be accepted to either the Accelerated Collaborative Teacher
Education Program or Traditional
Subject Mathematics Credential Program. You must also apply to
California State University, Northridge through the Admissions Office.
For information and to download an application to the University go to http://www.csumentor.com/planning/graduate/.
Note that official transcripts are required for the University