The Official WHEELOCK Textbook site
Dale Grote's WHEELOCK Self Tutorial Exercises
cyber-WHEELOCK (Ohio State U.)
Wheelock: audio (Real-player) (Prof. Dale Grote)
FIRST-YEAR LATIN HELPS:Definitions: an Index
First Conjugation [D. Camden]
The Idea of Case in Latin (St. Louis University, Claude Pavur)
First Declension Endings (St. Louis University)
Masculine Nouns of the First Declension
Advice for Learning Vocabulary (St. Louis University)
Second Declension Endings: -us/-er words(St. Louis University)
Second Declension Endings: -um words (St. Louis University)
Wheelock Vocabulary Grid (6th ed.) Chapters 1-10 (St. Louis University)
Words easily confused, I: words beginning VI-
Summary of the Genitive Case.
Principal Parts of Verbs Wheelock, Ch. 1-13.
Third Declension Endings: feminine / masculine words (St. Louis University)
Third Declension Endings: Neuter Words
Words easily confused, II: words beginning MOR-
Meanings and cases of Prepositions.
Roman Numbers (Wheelock, Ch. 15).
Words easily confused, III: AUDEO/AUDIO, CAPIO/CUPIO
Nouns (General Summary)
Pronouns (General Summary) [D. Camden]
First Conjugation(Summary) [D. Camden]
Second Conjugation (Summary) [D. Camden]
Third Conjugation (Summary) [D. Camden]
Third Conjugation, -io (Summary) [D. Camden]
Fourth Conjugation (Summary) [D. Camden]
Irregular Verbs [D. Camden]
Irregular Nouns & Adjectives [D. Camden]
Rules for Forming Subjunctives [St. Louis University]
- Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid
- Online Latin Dictionary and Latin phrase list.
- Charlton T. Lewis, Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary [Perseus]
- Latin Teaching Resources (St. Louis University)
- Latin Resources, once at ABOUT.COM [many kinds of Latin language and civilization helps]
- Latin 1 (E. H. Smith)
- Electronic Resources for Wheelock's Latin (McMaster University) [slow!]
- Radio Finland: Nuntii Latini [News of the week, read in Latin].
- Radio Bremen: News [News of the month, read in Latin].
- Weather Underground: Local Weather in Latin.
- Ludus Sanae Mentis [many kinds of Latin language and civilization helps]
- Some Latin language resources, courtesy of David Camden.
- Latina pro viatoribus ('Latin for Travelers', English)
- Spanish for speakers of Latin
- Corpus Humanum (names for body parts) [D. Camden]
- Roman Names
- A Brief List of Rehtorical Figures
- Latin Links (Languages-on-the-Web)
- Latin Links (LOGOI)
- The Latin Library.
- Latin and Greek Authors on the Web (texts)
- Fonti Letterarie: Autori latini (Univ. di Bologna)
- Bibliotheca Augustana.
- A hotlist of Classics Departments .
- Foreign Language Dictionaries
- Voice of the Shuttle: Language
- Greek and Latin Language Resources (The Stele)
- University of Toronto's Classics Search Engine [slow!!]
- Gnomon- Latin Inscriptions (texts)
You can download, for your own use, a copy of the Study Guide to Wheelock, by Dale A Grote (U. North Carolina, Charlotte). This is for the 4th edition.
You can download, for your own use, a copy of the WinLatin (Lingua Latina) freeware program. (3MB)
Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar
Return to the Home Page .
revised: 05/29/2001, 09/03/2001, 09/18/2001, 10/22/2001, 01/25/2003, 08/15/2003, 09/02/2004, 10/12/2004