About the Program
The purpose of the Veteran Peer Mentor Program is to provide support and resources to Veteran students at CSUN. Our goal is to help students transition from military service into being a successful CSUN student.
What does a Veteran Peer Mentor do?
- Meet with Veteran mentees throughout the semester
- Provide guidance and support through the transition from
military service to college student
- Offer referrals to campus and local Veteran resources
- Serve as a positive role model
What is the benefit for Veteran students meeting with a Veteran peer mentor?
- Talking with someone who has shared a similar experience as you
- Learning about support and resources available on campus and in the community
- Connecting to other CSUN students and programs
What does a Veteran mentee discuss with their mentor?
- Transitioning out of the military and into college
- Experiences and/or challenges faced at CSUN
- Resources available on campus and in the community
- Academic and emotional concerns
- Anything else the mentee would like to discuss