Theme 3: Learning as an Institution
- Coordinated Campus-wide Planning Efforts
- Reform of the General Education Program
- The Graduation Rates Task Force
- Campus Master Plan (Envision 2035)
- Rethinking Disenrollment Procedures and Practice
Research Questions: In addition to developing an overview of the life span of each initiative under study, the case studies will assemble data addressing the following questions:
- Which aspects of the processes used to advance an initiative contributed to its fate?
- Did the University devote core resources to the initiative? If yes, how were they used?
- Did the initiative feature committees or partnerships bridging divisions and units? Were these consciously established or unplanned coincidence?
- What evidence do we have of the relationship between selected common characteristics of initiatives and their success? How has this knowledge been used and how will it be used to increase success and efficiency in the future?
- What roles do Program Review and accreditation play in institutional transformation?