Experience the Lasting Legacy of Leadership:
Run for a seat on the USU Board of Directors. Apply today!
Here’s your opportunity to join the students on the Board of Directors (BOD) of the University Student Union. You can get involved and make a difference to benefit all CSUN students and our campus while also building valuable skills for your own future.
Applications are due Friday, March 5 at 5 p.m.
How do I become a candidate?
Potential candidates will need to read and review the general elections packet for more detailed information on what it takes to become a member of the Board. If you feel that you are qualified, fill out the online application.
Why do I want to become a part of the Board of Directors?
Ten out of the seventeen members on the Board of Directors are students. You would serve as a representative to the 35,000+ students on campus to supply the vital input necessary to improve the growing campus community and bring positive change to the University Student Union. As you make a difference on the CSUN campus for you and your fellow students, you will simultaneously gain the following benefits:
- Valuable leadership experience
- Develop and enhance your public speaking skills
- Opportunity to initiate and approve policy and legislation
- Govern a multi-million dollar operating budget
- Serve on committees of personal interest
- Audit Committee
- Facilities and Operations Committee
- Finance Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Retirement Planning Committee
- Network with people from various backgrounds
- Work with esteemed faculty and campus administrators
- Receive priority registration for each semester you serve
- Receive a modest monthly stipend
For more information about AS Student Leadership, please visit www.csun.edu/as/elections