Black Male Scholars (BMS) is a cohort program designed to empower its students to recognize their academic potential through embracing the intersections of culture and identity. The program will include a series of activities and workshops to provide its students with the opportunity to cultivate academic success and engage with the campus to enhance their collegiate experience. Improvement of public speaking and written communication skills, greater cultural awareness, preparation for leadership roles on CSUN’s campus, as well as positive contact with faculty and staff will help guide the program efforts of this initiative.
To complete the program, students will be required to:
- Complete application and pre-assessment
- Attend one monthly BMS workshop
- Provide a mid-semester grade check
- Participate in at least one CSUN event outside of BMS per semester
- Complete End of the year assessment