Yes for Accessibility!
Interact with the 10 point checklist while reviewing a newly converted PDF document. The links provide a guide to complete each checkpoint. Finally, click, "Yes" as each checkpoint is complete.
- Has the Make Accessible Action Wizard been run?
- Are the title and author present on the PDF?
- Is the reading language set?
- Do images and tables have alternative text (alt text)?
- Is the reading order structured correctly?
- Was color contrast considered?
- Do objects have proper tags?
- Are links active?
- Do tables have marked headers?
- Are form fields properly labeled?
These remaining items provide additional accessibility consideration for PDF Accessibility.
- Use the Read Out Load feature to listen to the reading order
- Use bookmarks for documents longer than 9 pages
- All decorative images are marked as background
- Use a concise document file name that doesn't include spaces
- Make sure all footnotes or references marked as notes and reference tags are placed in proper reading order