NEW for Summer 2021!
Schedule: This is a one-day learning track session, offered twice this summer:
- Monday, June 28, 2021, 10am to noon
- Wednesday, August 11, 2 to 4pm
Description: What is the difference between accessibility and accommodations? When should you apply one or the other? What is different about the approach at CSUN? Meet with CSUN’s Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES), NCOD: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, and the Universal Design Center (UDC) and get your questions answered.
Recommended Attendees: All faculty and faculty support staff, though this session may be especially helpful for lecturers, part-time faculty, and any faculty new to CSUN
- What’s different about accessibility and accommodations at CSUN;
- Brief overviews about students with disabilities at CSUN, laws and policies, responsibilities and expectations;
- Service animals;
- The CSU’s Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) and some accessibility best practices;
- Best practices for Deaf and hard of hearing students;
- Resources and support for faculty.
Notes: Faculty must be an active employee at the time of completion for funding.
The accessibility training is primarily for CSUN faculty. CSUN staff and student employees are welcome to participate, space permitting.