CSUN has a new tool, EquatIO, to help you make your STEM content accessible.
What is EquatIO?
- An equation editor that creates and remediates STEM content
- Gives you options for creating and remediating your STEM content
- It’s works across platforms & devices
- You can have it on your personal or CSUN computer
- Gives you content that looks correct and reads aloud with Assistive Technology
- EquatIO features such as speak, type, handwrite, mobile using camera capture, or screenshot reader
- EquatIO is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Google Chrome extension
Why Are We Looking At EquatIO?
- All content needs to be accessible and STEM is included!
- Creating accessible STEM can be time-consuming and involve tools that can be overwhelming or not user-friendly
- If you’re already a MathML or LaTeX user, EquatIO has those options
- EquatIO provides tools across platforms and devices, so you can use your own tech
- CSUN STEM ‘content creators’ are responsible to ensure that their content is accessible
- The same way we look at videos, documents, and other media
- EquatIO Presentation Slides/Tutorials (.pdf)
- EquatIO for Windows/Mac Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
- EquatIO for Google Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
How to Install Desktop EquatIO?
CSUN Software Center for Windows
CSUN Self Service for Mac
Download EquatIO for your personal computer
Sign in with Microsoft to log in your CSUN email address
- EquatIO Overview Video
- EquatIO YouTube Playlist Videos from Texthelp
- EquatIO website
- EquatIO Resources Sites
- Math and Science Accessibility
- Periodic Table of the Elements
- How to Describe Images for Math and Science