CSUN has a new tool, EquatIO, to help you make your STEM content accessible.
What is EquatIO?
- An equation editor that creates and remediates STEM content
- Gives you options for creating and remediating your STEM content
- It’s works across platforms & devices
- You can have it on your personal or CSUN computer
- Gives you content that looks correct and reads aloud with Assistive Technology
- EquatIO features such as speak, type, handwrite, mobile using camera capture, or screenshot reader
- EquatIO is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Google Chrome extension
Why Are We Looking At EquatIO?
- All content needs to be accessible and STEM is included!
- Creating accessible STEM can be time-consuming and involve tools that can be overwhelming or not user-friendly
- If you’re already a MathML or LaTeX user, EquatIO has those options
- EquatIO provides tools across platforms and devices, so you can use your own tech
- CSUN STEM ‘content creators’ are responsible to ensure that their content is accessible
- The same way we look at videos, documents, and other media
- EquatIO Presentation Slides/Tutorials (.pdf)
- EquatIO for Windows/Mac Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
- EquatIO for Google Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
How to Install Desktop EquatIO?
CSUN Software Center for Windows
CSUN Self Service for Mac
Download EquatIO for your personal computer
Sign in with Microsoft to log in your CSUN email address
EquatIO Mathspace Online
Mathspace allows content creators to create, edit, store, and share content online.
- You can use Chrome, Safari or Firefox browsers
- Go to https://equatio.texthelp.com/
- Choose Microsoft and sign-in with your CSUN email and password
- Choose Work Account
- Complete the log in process for CSUN
Begin Creating Content
You’ll see your Mathspace My Spaces view
- Choose New Space to create a new ‘canvas’ or edit existing content
Now you're ready to create, using EquatIO
- Exploring Options can help you customize EquatIO to meet your needs
- EquatIO uses prediction for different types of STEMS content
- Click on Math options to customize the prediction tools
- Toolbar Options allow you to choose what tools you want on your toolbar
- Space Options let you customize your workspace or canvas
EquatIO Training Video
Video Credit: Texthelp - EquatIO® mathspace: Assignments & Teacher Feedback (total length 2:21 mins)