ABSOLUTE APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 2019 AT 5 P.M.
Important: ALL required application materials and recommendation forms must be received by 3/29/19 at 5 p.m. for an applicant to be considered for fall 2019. Late materials absolutely will not be accepted.
How to apply: instructions for the 2019-2020 U100 instructor pools
Faculty Position Announcements (.pdf files)
- U100/U100 Honors pool announcement
- EOP FreshStart pool announcement
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deaf Studies pool announcement
Recommendation Form for professional references (.docx file)
New this year, 3 separate pools:
- (1) U100/U100 Honors
- (2) U100 - Deaf/Hard of Hearing/Deaf Studies
- (3) U100 - EOP FreshStart.
Instructions for new and returning applicants:
- New applicants must submit a complete application (see faculty position announcement above for details). Email applications are welcome and encouraged.
- Returning applicants: If your complete application is already on file with us for U100 because you applied in a prior academic year (even if you were placed in a pool), and if you now wish to be considered for fall 2019, send an email to Kim Henige (no later than 3/29/19 at 5 p.m.) and:
- Indicate which pool(s) you are applying to (if you would like to apply to a pool you have not been in before, you must submit a new letter of interest).
- Include a reflection, as described in this year's announcement (and also listed just below).
- If you would like to replace any of your previous application materials, please send a formal email request to: Dr. Kim Henige at:
- Describe one thing you plan to change about your approach to teaching in the coming semester and why you want to make the change.
- Describe one assignment or teaching approach you have recently used that you might like to use (or re-use) in U100 in the coming fall semester and why you want to use it in U100.
- No more than one page/250 words
Academic First Year Experiences will acknowledge all applications by email (from either Dr. Kim Henige or Kelly Kroeker). Please provide us with your email address when you apply.
For further information, email Dr. Kim Henige, Course Director for U100: or call Kelly Kroeker at 818-677-6535.
Thanks for your interest in University 100.
About teaching U100 for CSUN's Educational Opportunity Programs
The U100 positions announced on this web page are offered through Academic First Year Experiences. Please contact the Educational Opportunity Programs (EOP) office at CSUN if you are interested in teaching U100 as part of the Summer Bridge program, which has its own separate deadline and application process.