General student conduct at the Learning Resource Center:
Making an appointment within the Learning Resource Center's Writing Programs:
- You must cancel an appointment at least 2 hours in advance only via canvas.
- If you miss an appointment without canceling, you cannot make another appointment.
- Drop-in sessions may be available.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you will be considered a “No Show”.
Lower Division and Upper Division Writing Center:
- Will discuss any writing, reading, or presentation-based assignments with students
- Bring a printed copy of the essay assignment and essay prompt or have it pulled up and ready to go on your laptop.
- Only one assignment can be discussed/reviewed during the appointment.
- Hard copy of essay is preferred for appointment.
- Consultants are not able to help on take-home exams without written consent from the professor.
- See more policies at the Writing Center web page.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in and sign in.
- Attendance is mandatory to all multi-part workshop sessions.
- Be receptive to trying out alternative ideas and/or approaches.
- Be prepared to learn!
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you cannot enter an already started workshop.
- Click here to see the schedule for workshops
- Tutors will not help with lab work or take-home exams.
- One hour per subject per day. Please check the schedule for tutor availability.
Questions? Call us at (818) 677-2033 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.