The Writing Center is excited to offer a variety of workshops to cover popular topics in a group setting. Our workshops offer opportunities for CSUN students to refine their reading, writing, and studying skills in interactive workshops facilitated by CSUN Faculty Consultants and graduate students. We offer workshops focused on all stages of the crafting process, from close reading texts to proofreading final drafts. Workshops are offered in a range of modalities, from in-person only, to online only, to HyFlex! Select the workshop in the calendar below or in EAB to read more about attendance options.
How to sign up:
- Log in to EAB.
- Select the blue “Schedule appointment or view drop-in availability” button on the top right.
- On the next screen, select “Learning Resource Center (LRC)” from the first drop-down menu.
- Under “Reason for your appointment,” select the desired workshop.
- You may input your desired date. Then, select “Find Available Time.” You will be taken to a screen which displays all currently available workshop dates and times.
- Select the “appointment” time (the day and time of the workshop, usually displayed within an oval).
- Then, read the appointment details for important information, such as the Zoom link for online workshops. In the “Would you like to share anything else?” box, please include the words "proof needed" and your professor's email address if you'd like us to send proof of attendance, and any other important information such as whether you will be joined by an interpreter.
- Select what type of reminders you'd like to receive and then select "Schedule."
- You can verify and cancel your workshop registration at any time by clicking "View Appointments."
IMPORTANT: If you need proof of attendance, please put "proof needed," the course name, and your instructor's name and email address in the comments box on EAB.
*Please note that workshops are counted differently from individual appointments. Students may sign up for unlimited workshops and will still be allowed 2 appointments per week per center.
Students 10 or more minutes late may not be admitted to workshops.
Is there something you would like to see here? Let us know!