We have all felt it before: the panic, the paralysis, the mental block that always seems to arrive after the writing is assigned. Where to start? How to turn scattered thoughts into organized gold? What can help every writer turn away from procrastination and towards productivity?
No matter what type of assignment you are working on, pre-writing and outlining are helpful tools in the writing process. Come to the outlining and pre-writing workshop where you will learn tips and tricks to help you
- stimulate thoughts
- choose topics
- organize ideas
- get writing!
This workshop is online-only. The Zoom link will be provided once you sign up via EAB (click the registration link above).
How to sign up:
- Log in to EAB (clicking the registration link will also take you to EAB).
- Select the blue “Schedule appointment or view drop-in availability” button on the top right.
- On the next screen, select “Learning Resource Center (LRC)” from the first drop-down menu.
- Under “Reason for your appointment,” select the desired workshop.
- You may input your desired date. Then, select “Find Available Time.” You will be taken to a screen which displays all currently available workshop dates and times.
- Select the “appointment” time (the day and time of the workshop, usually displayed within an oval).
- Then, read the appointment details for important information, such as the Zoom link for online workshops. In the “Would you like to share anything else?” box, please include the words "proof needed" and your professor's email address if you'd like us to send proof of attendance, and any other important information such as whether you will be joined by an interpreter.
- Select what type of reminders you'd like to receive and then select "Schedule."
- You can verify and cancel your workshop registration at any time by clicking "View Appointments."
IMPORTANT: If you need proof of attendance, please put "proof needed" and your instructor's name and email address in the comments box on EAB.
Please call us at (818) 677-2033 or email email@example.com with any questions or for assistance with registration.