DISH is a weekly, open support session designed specifically for graduate students working on larger projects.
DISH will be held throughout the semester to try to provide all interested students an opportunity to build and engage with a graduate-student specific learning community. Each session will allow students a space to work independently on your project with a Faculty Writing Consultant on hand if you need any assistance.
DISH is meant to provide an open space for graduate students to network with others, help keep themselves accountable for completing their projects, and work independently with access to a writing consultant for questions.
How to sign up:
- Log in to EAB (clicking the registration link will also take you to EAB).
- Select the blue “Schedule appointment or view drop-in availability” button on the top right.
- On the next screen, select “Learning Resource Center (LRC)” from the first drop-down menu.
- Under “Reason for your appointment,” select the desired workshop.
- You may input your desired date. Then, select “Find Available Time.” You will be taken to a screen which displays all currently available workshop dates and times.
- Select the “appointment” time (the day and time of the workshop, usually displayed within an oval).
- Then, read the appointment details for important information, such as the Zoom link for online workshops. In the “Would you like to share anything else?” box, please include the words "proof needed" and your professor's email address if you'd like us to send proof of attendance, and any other important information such as whether you will be joined by an interpreter.
- Select what type of reminders you'd like to receive and then select "Schedule."
- You can verify and cancel your workshop registration at any time by clicking "View Appointments."
IMPORTANT: If you need proof of attendance, please put "proof needed" and your instructor's name and email address in the comments box on EAB.
Please call us at (818) 677-2033 or email email@example.com with any questions or for assistance with registration.