You are practically an expert at writing a paper in MLA format. APA papers are a breeze for you. But now you are asked to write a paper in Chicago style, and you want to get it right. We are here to help in this hands on, interactive workshop. If you are currently working on a Chicago style paper, feel free to bring it. Whether or not you have been assigned a Chicago style paper, you will leave this workshop with a template that will help you format your work correctly every time.
In this workshop, you will learn to:
•Format your paper properly,
•Create a bibliography,
•Incorporate in-text citations, both footnotes and parenthetical.
This workshop is online-only. The Zoom link will be provided once you sign up via EAB (click the registration link above).
How to sign up:
- Log in to EAB (clicking the registration link will also take you to EAB).
- Select the blue “Schedule appointment or view drop-in availability” button on the top right.
- On the next screen, select “Learning Resource Center (LRC)” from the first drop-down menu.
- Under “Reason for your appointment,” select the desired workshop.
- You may input your desired date. Then, select “Find Available Time.” You will be taken to a screen which displays all currently available workshop dates and times.
- Select the “appointment” time (the day and time of the workshop, usually displayed within an oval).
- Then, read the appointment details for important information, such as the Zoom link for online workshops. In the “Would you like to share anything else?” box, please include the words "proof needed" and your professor's email address if you'd like us to send proof of attendance, and any other important information such as whether you will be joined by an interpreter.
- Select what type of reminders you'd like to receive and then select "Schedule."
- You can verify and cancel your workshop registration at any time by clicking "View Appointments."
IMPORTANT: If you need proof of attendance, please put "proof needed" and your instructor's name and email address in the comments box on EAB.
Please call us at (818) 677-2033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for assistance with registration.