What is the New Faculty Reconnection?
This event is an opportunity for new faculty from across campus in their first and second years to continue meeting each other and take part in an array of programming designed to further smooth the transition to CSUN. Topics will align with navigating the demands of teaching online, scholarship, service, and balance. Plus, all your questions about how to navigate the process of your first review (PIFs & PAFs) will be addressed in a dedicated session by Faculty Affairs.
By the end of this event, faculty should be able to:
- Align their teaching, research, and service goals with their desire to contribute to a more equitable CSUN;
- Deepen connections and relationships with other new faculty & essential CSUN campus partners;
- Advance success with their scholarship/creative activities as a CSUN faculty member;
- Take critical next steps to develop their service contributions into their upcoming year at CSUN.
RSVP to our next Reconnection event on January 19th, 2023
We will reconnect in person on campus for this all-day event from 9:30am-4:00pm. Lunch will be provided with special guests from each College. As soon as possible it is important for us to know who is attending so we can intentionally plan meaningful activities and order enough lunch.
We anticipate providing resources, activities and guest presenters to engage in the following topics:
- Navigating Your Evaluation Process
- Resources for Your Scholarly Success
- Demystifying Service Roles & Expectations
- Mapping Your Success at CSUN
- New Faculty Meet & Greet
- Balance & Wellbeing
- Lunch with your College Leaders