We are currently closed but will re-open enrollment starting June 1st, 2020.
We are conscious that you may have low bandwidth during the month of May to learn about online teaching amidst the end of the semester. So this flexible program might be perfect for your needs.
CSUN faculty told us that they desire a hybrid program where they can learn on their own but have access to experts. So we designed it! This program combines live sessions and self-paced learning that covers best practices, techniques and tools to create content, facilitate and assess learning online.
Faculty Development, the Faculty Technology Center and the Tseng College Distance Learning team are organizing this three-part program with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous meeting times in the following date ranges:
Zoom link: https://csun.zoom.us/j/92735471695
WEEK 1 (May 4, 5 or 7)
Attend one of the orientation sessions listed below. We will orient you to online materials to learn at your own pace the following week. (Synchronous on Zoom)
- Monday May 4th 10:00am
- Tuesday May 5th 2:00pm
- Thursday May 7th 10:00am
WEEK 2 (May 11-15)
No meeting dates; just learn on your own in self-paced modules (Asynchronous on Canvas). Faculty will dive into the following topics:
- Planning Your Online Course: Learn best practices for building a new online or hybrid course or redesigning a traditional face-to-face course for online or hybrid delivery.
- Creating Content for Online Learners: Discover how to create digital content and online lectures as well as techniques for how to effectively organize and sequence your course content online.
- Facilitating Learning in an Online Environment: Explore techniques and strategies for managing teaching and learning in online environments and best practices for evaluating student work.
- Embedded Topics also include: building community online, engaging students online, practicing equity-mindedness, designing alternative assignments, transparent assignments, learning-centered syllabus/course design, academic honesty and the Quality Online Teaching & Learning framework.
WEEK 3 (May 18, 19 or 21)
Attend one or more of our hands-on Online Teaching Lab sessions and meet with instructional designers and technologists for Q&A. (Synchronous on Zoom)
- Monday May 18th 10:00am
- Tuesday May 19th 2:00pm
- Thursday May 21st 10:00am
This program is open to any and all CSUN faculty, regardless if you are teaching this summer. Register for this programming today!
Check out our flyer summarizing this program and other options; flyer designed by IXLA CSUN students!