WE ARE HIRING!
THE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
IS WELCOMING STUDENT ASSISTANTS FOR THE 2023-24 ACADEMIC YEAR
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Office of Community Engagement supports CSUN's mission to cultivate civic responsibility among students, faculty, and staff by facilitating community-based (service learning) classes, promoting co-curricular engagement activities, implementing community-based research, and fostering sustainable community partnerships.
Our office seeks a student assistant to assist with office tasks pertaining to faculty and students participating in community-based projects at CSUN. This position is open to graduate or undergraduate students. It will allow the student assistant to gain experience and confidence in mentoring fellow students, project management, and the use of the Service-Learning S4 Database. All the necessary training will be provided by the Office of Community Engagement. Student Assistants will be offered up to 20 hours maximum per week of work.
- Reports to the Community Engagement Analyst as well as all OCE Directors
- Assists with in-class orientation presentations for community-based learning courses
- Communicates with students, staff, faculty and community partners regarding service learning clearance and placement procedures, form submissions and other S4 Database-related issues
- Supports the planning, organization and implementation of special events for all of the OCE programs
- General office clerical support including typing, filing, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Responsible for creating marketing materials, developing and implementing a social media campaign as well as other marketing communication outreach efforts (Canva, MailChimp, Adobe, Social Media)
- Other related duties as necessary can be assigned to achieve the program’s goals and objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Professionalism in written correspondence
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel (will train in Excel)
- Familiarity with Service Learning and Community Engagement
- Some experience with class presentations, tutoring, mentoring, etc.
- Previous knowledge of S4 database is welcome, but not required
- Marketing and design skills for flyers and promotional material
- Experience with social media management and publicity (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
EDUCATION: Must be a currently enrolled California State University Northridge student.
HOURS: Part-Time, up to 20 Hours maximum Per Week during the Academic Semester.
FWS LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: August through May annually. Renewable: year to year.
CLASSIFICATION: I - Student Assistant
PAY RATE: $15.50/HOUR
Please send resumes and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in this position to:
Pamela Palacios (communityengagement@ csun.edu).
Include “Student Assistant Opportunity” in the subject line of your email